10 Things Your Dog Would Tell You..
- My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me.
- Give me time to understand what you want of me.
- Place your trust in me- it is crucial to my well being.
- Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.
- You have your work, your entertainment,and your friends. I only have you.
- Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understands your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.
- Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget.
- Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.
- Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting too old and weak.
- Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: “I cannot bear to watch” or “Let it happen in my absence.” Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death.
It has been far too long since I have written in this blog. I have been trying so many ways to figure out how to get my health to the level that I want it to be and I keep forgetting that I always have this place to update and get support from.
Basically, I have been gluten free for an entire 2 months. No cheat days, no nothing. I feel that paleo was too much pressure.. even though we’re working toward that everyday, this is working for now. It’s too hard to accomplish when I feel like it’s unrealistic. There are so many things that I enjoy that aren’t paleo.. like sushi and a glass of wine on a Friday night with my best friend. I don’t feel like I should have to call that a “cheat” day… that is my day. I work really hard during the week, 40+ hours at my kind of stressful project coordinating job, I take care of my pup and a house, I work out as much as possible.. and I don’t feel like treating myself should be considered “cheating.”
I just joined LA Fitness two weeks ago and I am loving it. I am so glad to have full access to a full weight lifting area without having to pay an expensive CrossFIt fee (LA Fitness is only $40 a month with complete access to unlimited and a wide range of classes). Yesterday I did 60 backsquats and stopped at 110 lbs because I didn’t want to push myself after such a hiatus of not lifting. I’ve been going to bodyworks classes, running miles (that’s unheard of), and my alcohol intake has decreased incredibly. I walk my dog twice a day and go long distances. I’m glad that I have an active lifestyle now that doesn’t just include going to a CrossFit gym for only 45 minutes. On top of that, I’ve been doing Brazil ButtLift and Insanity on random mornings. I’ve been switching it up and doing what makes me happy. I’m actually a lot more fit than I have ever thought that I would be.
I’m trying to tighten up.. as usual.. and we’re getting there. I hope that I can post some legiitmate before and after photos on here one day. I’ve always had a small frame (I’m Asian) but I”m half white and the women in my family tend to have a higher body percent fattage (it is what it is) but I’m working with what I’ve got and trying not to compare myself to others. Overall, I look pretty awesome (see my past few posts).
I’m really, really going to start logging my food on here again. I feel that it’s important. It sucks that I don’t have access to tumblr at work (totally blocked).
I’ve missed you all!